Mar 3, 2013

KCI Dress Project (8)

Too many times I forget to keep records of what I am sewing. This fabric and project have been sitting in a box in my attic for a few years and this week I got it out to finish off the ruffles and commence work on the sleeve cuffs. It is a slow moving project that I'm working on between client orders. (Many thanks to Sabine who worked out how to make the cuffs, made a wonderful version of this dress and inspired me to get mine completed.)

Original dress at http://www.kci.or.jp/archives/digital_archives/photos/59_xl_AC04428.jpg


Skirt with one row of ruffles attached.

Two rows done!

The ruffles are sewn on upside down, then turned over and pressed.

Four rows complete, just need some more pressing.

Beginning of sleeve cuff. 

Test in place.

One cuff complete.



2 comments:

Sanna K said...

It's going to be fabulous!

Laura Morrigan said...

That is going to look so amazing!

$0 Web Hosting

Total Page Views