Jan 4, 2012

KCI Dress Project [4]

I haven't been able to spend as much time on this project as I'd wished, but am spending a few hours every evening.
Late this evening I cut out the front and back skirts from the Sensibility Regency Dress pattern. I'm very lucky that the length of the skirts on the pattern are perfect for my height.
I made a cardboard template with the hem ruffle measurements, then chalked them on across both skirt pieces. Getting four rows of ruffles to sit neatly will be a challenge.
I have cut out the bias ruffles, so tomorrow's job will be to hem them, then attach piping and start applying them to the skirt.

Front and back skirts.

Chalk markings for ruffles

No comments:

Total Page Views