Nov 30, 2011

Rouleaux


In preparation for making a copy of a regency gown I studied in the UK I am trialling rouleaux making methods before making over 80 metres of rouleau.

I cut a piece of prepared bias edging to test the following method and pressed it to remove the prepared fold.

I folded the piece in half with right sides facing and pressed to make a crease. 

I pulled both threads from the machine out so they were longer than the piece of fabric. I placed the threads inside the crease and sewed 1/4" from the edge, backstitching at the beginning and end.


Then I gently pulled the thread, massaged the end of the fabric so it turned in on itself, and gently pulled. Once it started it went so fast I was amazed - you can see in the video below. [please note that the video below is not visible if viewing this blog entry in google reader.]




CREDITS: I'd like to credit http://3hourspast.com/2011/11/29/how-to-sew-rouleau-ties-with-no-special-tools/ for sharing their rouleau technique.

No comments:

$0 Web Hosting

Total Page Views