Oct 14, 2011

Every Lady Her Own Shoemaker

I love this little red book with its patterns and instructions for making shoes at home. Every Lady Her Own Shoemaker; or, a Complete Self-Instructor in the Art of Making Gaiters and Shoes [Paperback] was published in 1855 by an anonymous Lady. Her patterns are for shoes, for ankle-high gaiters with fabric uppers, leather soles, leather heels and toe-caps, for Congress gaiters with an elastic gore instead of a laced opening, and also for a man's slippers.



2 comments:

Kleidung um 1800 said...

I was happy to see a post about the book as I'm looking for it for quite a while now...have you already worked with the patterns?! Is it easy to alter the patterns according to size?!

Sabine

Aylwen said...

No, I haven't used this book yet, but have had it on my shelf for ten years now. I get it out every now and again and dream of one day trying to make a set of slippers :)

$0 Web Hosting

Total Page Views