Sep 7, 2019

Community Gardening

The third plot I was offered was an extension of my first garden, so planning it is a lot easier - all I have to do is line up the beds and continue them to the south side of the garden.
Today I finished leveling up the six beds on the western side of the garden. Two days ago I filled and planted up one bed with garlic and bok choy and today I filled two more beds, and planted out the sprouting snow potatoes in one of the beds. These beds had rabbit manure and straw mixed through them.
My nearby gardening neighbour Minh divided her famous rhubarb plants this morning and offered me some, so I've planted it opposite the globe artichoke in the middle archway bed. She also shared this wonderful-looking savoury recipe, Persian lamb with rhubarb and chelow.







Garlic and Bok Choy

Snow potatoes in the corner bed. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What are snow potatoes?

$0 Web Hosting

Total Page Views